CKB is hosting two upcoming IKO instructor certification courses in Hood River in May:
• IKO ITC Level 1 : May 21-25, 2010 with IKO Examiner David Dorn.
• IKO Assistant Instructor Certification : May 12-14 with Level 2 IKO Instructor Tonia Farman.
To register, please first check the requirements below and email tonia(at)cascadekiteboarding.com for further details and to reserve a spot.
Candidates to take the ITC Level 1 must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Kiteboarding for at least 1 year and be a certified IKO kiteboarder Level 3 minimum
- Have an IKO Assistant Instructor certification (Water only) or provide a letter of recommendation from a teaching experience in a water or aerial sport. There will be an Assistant Instructor certification course prior to the ITC course in Hood River, May 12-14.
- Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate or complete it before the ITC with the IKO Examiner running the course
- Pass online Pre-ITC course
- Kiteboarding only: complete the IKO powerboat certification course or have an outside powerboat certification.
Course Costs: All fees must be paid in full to Cascade Kiteboarding 2 weeks prior to course start date.
IKO ITC Level 1: $850
IKO Assistant Instructor: $250
Other Relevant Info:
First Aid/CPR Course : May 4th and 18th, Hood River. Call 503-284-1234 to reserve a spot.
WA State Boating Safety Course: http://www.boat-ed.com/wa/index.htm
OR State Boating Safety Course: http://www.boat-ed.com/or/index.htm
After attending an ITC, you will be qualified as IKO Instructor level 1 and will be able to continue your pro training to become a Level 2.