Interested in working for CKB or getting started in a career of teaching kiteboarding? There's no better way to start than through the Assistant Instructor program. CKB is hosting an IKO Assistant Instructor training course July 22-24.
Cost: $250 for the 3 days. Payment is due in full 2 weeks prior to course start date.
To book: Email tonia(at)CascadeKiteboarding.com
Becoming an Assistant Instructor is a great way to gain experience to prepare for a professional career, or simply discover what an Instructor's job is all about.
If you intend on registering for the ITC (Instructor Training Course to become a Level 1 Instructor) but have no prior teaching background in a water sport, then this course is mandatory. In sum, it is the best way to unite your passion with your job – and you can start your training as young as 16 years old.
Not only does the Assistant Instructor program provide you with hands-on experience, but it also helps build great teaching and organizational skills. In addition, you will learn more about the equipment, how to prepare and use it properly, how to follow the fundamental safety principles, and much more.
An Assistant Instructor is qualified to:
- Manage the equipment organization and maintenance
- Manage the kite launching and landing of a group of 2 students*
- Teach one student at a time up to level 1/C*
- Supervise the safety of 4 kiteboarders from level 2/I and above who rent equipment or kiteboarders who need assistance
- Assist an Instructor level 1 or 2 for launching and landing procedures and information transmission during a course