Women's Camps Featured in Coastal Living! We are booking now for this winter!!!
Cascade Kiteboarding's Tonia Farman, in conjunction with Kitemasters Kite School and Palapas Ventana are once again hosting Women's Kite Camps in La Ventana, Baja Mexico for 2010:
Feb 28- 6
Mar 7 - 13
Last year's camps went so well, we're adding one more week to the schedule! If you haven't been to one of my camps in La Ventana, you are in for an adventure you'll never forget! The 6-day camps focus on full days of kiteboarding instruction (as soon as the wind starts blowing!) but that's not all. Here's a typical day:
We get started at 7am with a Pilates-at-Sunrise session, have a healthy home-cooked breakfast with fresh fruit, proteins, strong coffee and fresh Jamaica (Hibiscus juice), then it's snorkeling, kayaking, or stand-up paddling until the wind comes up around 11. For the rest of the day we take advantage of the wind and get 2-to-1 kiteboarding instruction focused specifically to everyone's level. After kiteboarding, there's a little down time, then Happy Hour back at Palapas Ventana with the best margaritas in Baja! Authentic, home-cooked mexican flavors are served at 7 for supper and then whatever you want to do until you can't stay up anymore! Days are usually so full and active that most guests are out by 8pm! We call it "Mexican Midnight!"
All camps are open to all levels of riding. Because we pair two students to 1 instructor, we can accommodate all levels of riders in one camp, with a maxiumum of 8 guests per camp. You are paired with another student who is your same level.
Beginners > Never flown a 4-line LEI (Leading Edge Inflatable) kite or minimal experience with 4-line kite.
Intermediate Beginners > Can control a 4-line LEI kite and body-drag
Advanced Beginners > Can confidently board start and get going in both directions
Advanced Intermediates > Can ride both directions, stay upwind, starting to execute transitions and jumps.
Camps are $1390 per person and include:
- 6 nights, 7 days accommodations at Palapas Ventana - 3 girls per specialty casita
- All meals at Palapas Ventana and 2 dinners out on the town
- Evening socials and chalk talks at the PV bar
- 3 Days of kiteboarding instruction with Tonia and the Kitemasters Kite School professional staff- Lesson gear included
- Transportation to kite spots for lessons
- Downwinder transportation
- 2 1-hour Pilates sessions focused on strength & flexibility for kiteboarding
- Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear
- Optional activities include massage, cooking classes, spanish classes, standup paddling, snorkeling, diving and fishing trips, daytrip to the Pacific.
* Price does not include 13% Mexico hotel tax
* Price does not include transportation to and from the airport, however we will arrange the transportation for you once we have your travel itinerary.
To make reservations or if you have any questions, please contact me tonia(at)cascadekiteboarding.com or email Tim(at)PalapasVentana.com.